Here’s an approach we’ve used for a long time for client projects that gets great results. We call it ‘The Content Marketing Virtuous Circle’. Here is our infographic…
- You have a lot of stuff to share with other people. If you write it for the right people – your ‘perfect clients’ then people will find it useful and interesting, plus it demonstrates your expertise.
- Schedule doing blog posts into your diary – once a month is a good minimum to try to hit. Blog posts are ‘long form’ written content – well at least in comparison to social media posts – and you can then link to them from posts on social media eg Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Send out an email to your list letting them know you have just posted a new article up (conversational style is best).
- See how people are reacting to your blog post – look at email open rates, click-throughs, comments and reach on social media – this can inform what you might want to write about/talk about next time you write a blog post.
- If something goes off – huge engagement etc, do two things – mention how popular the topic/item was next time AND approach relevant media outlets and let them know how popular the item has been.
- If this works, you will get media coverage. Guess what? This is more news for your blog.
And the virtuous circle continues…